The Springfield Free Public Library invites all members of the public to participate in their third Library Photo Scavenger Hunt, featuring 12 photographs that were taken in various locations from around the library’s exterior.
The two-part question that must be answered for each of the photos is “what is the item shown in the picture and where it is located?" Entry forms for the scavenger hunt can be picked up in the library’s children’s room, beginning Monday, August 2nd, and completed forms must be returned to the library no later than 4:30 PM on Tuesday, August 31st.
While open to people of all ages, the photo scavenger hunt is a great outdoor activity that families can work on together as a team. The full rules for this activity are as follows:
- Members of the library staff are not permitted to provide assistance to anyone participating in the contest.
- Partial credit will NOT be given for incomplete answers; both parts of the question need to be answered correctly to earn credit for each of the photographs.
- The entry with the most correct answers will be declared the winner.
- In the event of a tie, the winner will be picked by a drawing from among all of the applicants tied for the most correct answers.
- The winner will receive a $25 gift card to Barnes & Noble as the grand prize.
- In the event that there are multiple submissions with all 12 photographs correctly identified, a small consolation prize will be given to those contestants who answered all of the questions correctly but whose entries were not drawn for the grand prize.