- Before making a request, please check our catalog for availability.
- You must live, work, or attend school in Springfield and have a valid Springfield library card.
- MURAL members must go through their home library (e.g. Union residents must request interlibrary materials through the Union Public Library).
- Renewals must be requested in person up to 2 days prior to the due date. One 2-week provisional renewal is allowed per item however the lending library may refuse the renewal and recall the book.
- Late fees are 25 cents per day.
- Recent publications may be unavailable. Please wait at least 3 months from the copyright date before requesting the material. Please do not request an item before its publication date.
- Patrons are limited to 5 interlibrary loan requests per day.
- In an effort to save time and energy, we ask patrons to refrain from using the online blank request form. Instead, email us at